It has come to our attention that there is some fraudulent activity taking place online. Please be cautious when receiving emails from companies pretending to be CFMG Capital and being directed to fake websites.
Yesterday we discovered a fake website replicating our CFMG Capital site. On discovering this website we acted quickly and had it shut down immediately.
These types of scams are common within the industry and here are some tips to spot a scam and what to look out for:
- Never give out a password if asked
- Turn on two factor authentication where its available on important accounts
- When online, only trust a URL that starts with https:// and has the padlock icon on the address bar
- Be suspicious of any out-of-the-blue phone calls from people claiming to be a service provider, such as your telephone or internet provider. You can always hang up the phone and ring the business back on a phone number you have for them
- Look out for common spelling, grammatical or language errors in emails, texts or website addresses – they could well suggest a scam
We encourage you to be careful when visiting our website to ensure you are on the real site which is cfmgcapital.com.au. Pay particular attention to the website address and the branding on the page.
If you receive any information from a source that you do not believe is CFMG Capital, please send it to email@example.com or call us on 1800 155 526 and we will report it.